Final Fantasy XIV Overview
Final Fantasy XIV is Square Enix's latest online installment in the legendary Final Fantasy series. Players enter the land of Hydaelyn to adventure in the regions of Eorzea. The PC game was originally released in September of 2010, but was brought back into development for a full overhaul and relaunched alongside the PS3 version in 2013.
Since it's relaunch, dubbed "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" there have been three major expansions that have each added to story missions, new features, new lands to explore, additional jobs, and increased the level cap. These expansions were Heavensward in 2015, Stormblood in 2017, and Shadowbringers in 2019. The fourth major expansion, Endwalker, is slated to launch November 23, 2021.
Final Fantasy XIV utilizes the traditional Holy Trinity class system in MMORPGs with Tanks, Healers, and Damage Dealer (or DPS) classes. There is a dungeon finder system, a party finder system, small 8-person raids and larger 24-person raids as well as several different PvP modes to participate in.
- 8 Unique Races | Choose from the unique races of Hyur, Miqo'te, Lalafell, Elezen, Roegadyn, Au Ra, Viera, and Hrothgar.
- 9 Distinct Class Roles and 18 Sub-Specializations | Equip different weapons to change up your approach with the Disciples of War, Magic, Land, and Hand class roles and their 18 sub-specializations of Pugilist, Gladiator, Marauder, Archer, Lancer, Conjurer, Thaumaturge, Miner, Botanist, Fisher, Carpenter, Blacksmith, Armorer, Goldsmith, Leatherworker, Weaver, Alchemist, and Culinarian.
- New Job System | Further specialize your Disciples of War and Magic class roles with the new Paladin, Warrior, Dragoon, Monk, Bard, Black Mage, White Mage and the Summoner jobs.
- 3 Diverse City-States | Explore the land of Eorzea and the marine city-state of Limsa Lominsa, forest nation of Gridania, and desert landscape of Ul'dah.
- Levequests and Raids | Fight monsters and seek adventure in Final Fantasy XIV's Levequests and Instanced Raids.