Top Tourist Destinations in the Terrors of Thalumbra
During EverQuest week, we'll be talking about all types of topics related the two titles and will learn about some of the best things yet to come. In the EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra expansion, there are several key locations that no player "in the know" will want to miss. See what they are in this exclusive look ahead.
Forge of Brell
- This magnificent forge in the heart of Maldura is said to be imbued by the power of Brell Serilis himself. Whether that’s true or not, it’s clear that the dhalgar and gnemlin residents of Maldura consider the forge to be the traditional heart of the city. Although the mighty forge area is not as busy as it was in the height of the underground trade routes, it is still capable of creating the finest ores and metalwork.
- While visiting the area: stay well back from the forges themselves, as they can cause serious injury to the unwary.
- Things to do: visit Redthel the supply merchant nearby for samples of local Thalumbra flora to display in your home or guildhall.
Mushroom Bar and Grill
- The Mushroom Bar and Grill is the social hub of Maldura. Located on the lower level just steps away from the main entrance, it’s where returning travelers and off-duty guards gather to recover, relax, and share the latest news. All the best tales in Maldura are shared under the shade of the giant mushrooms, so stop by and share your own.
- While visiting the area: be sure to listen to the gnemlin band performing on the main stage.
- Things to do: be sure to find bartender Aiden and sample some of the local drinks such as Deeproot Beer and Dhalgar Battle Ale, which cannot be obtained anywhere else in Norrath. Note: alcohol content of drinks is calibrated to dwarf standards and should be approached with caution.
The Drowned Delta
- Where the Umbral Spine River empties into the Silent Deep, the Drowned Delta has formed over the centuries. This marshy wetland is home to many unique plants and creatures, most of whom will be happy to eat an unwary tourist. However, the beautiful phosphorescent flora and fauna of the delta make the risk worth the mud and occasional cepholex bite.
- While visiting the area: be sure to take some time to go fishing also. Besides the delicious local fish, you may find other items of interest as well.
- Things to do: should you want to acquire some of the local wildlife as a housepet for your home, visit pet trainer Gemma in Maldura.
Ironblood Fungus Farm
- Near the shore of the Silent Deep in Thalumbra, the Ironblood Fungus Farm has supplied a staple of the dwarven diet for many years. Lately the attacks of the Aberrant have thrown the farm into disarray, but the magnificent glowing fungi are still a sight worth seeing.
- While visiting the area: be wary of myconids in the area. These large sapient mushroom beings seem to be attracted to the farm for some reason, and may be aggressive towards visitors.
- Things to do: keep an eye on the skies! A vast cavedrifter can sometimes be seen from here as it flies through the caverns of Thalumbra. While this big guy appears to be unaggressive, you’ll want to be alert for selfie opportunities!
The Luminous Peaks
- This phosphorescent forest deep in the caverns of Thalumbra is the home of the mysterious glayfaye, a race dedicated to the service of a goddess older than Norrath itself.
- While visiting the area: admire the great root bridge that spans the Abyssal Chasm, allowing travelers to pass safely over the crevasse.
- Things to do: look for stray book pages in the area; collect them all to complete a book for your home and learn a little more of the glayfaye’s history.
Gateway to the Underfoot
- The Stygian Threshold is the uncanny region just off the Luminous Peaks where travelers will find a permanent door to the Underfoot. The close proximity to the realm of Brell Serilis has caused strange changes to the flora and fauna of the region, as well as attracting followers of Brell, some less savory than others. This is not a region for the casual tourist, but those willing to risk some dangers will find many unique sights and experiences.
- While visiting the area: be sure to admire the Petrified Forest, whose living tissue is being slowly crystallized into pure gemstone by the influence of the Underfoot.
- Things to do: make your way to the back of the forest to see the door to the Underfoot itself. With a little luck, from the right position you may even get a glimpse of Brell himself!
The Sunken Temples of Kralet Penumbra
- Off the north coast of Thalumbra, the deadly Aberrant make their home in vast, labyrinthine temples submerged below the dark waters of the Silent Deep. Little is known about these aggressive creatures, whose attacks on Maldura have recently caused much hardship. This is also not a region for the causal tourist to visit, but those willing to mount a well-armed expedition can see some truly unique sights that few others have the chance to experience.
- While visiting the area: bring a healer… just in case.
- Things to do: should you stop by the heroic rated dungeons, you may be able to pick up some of the unique statues to place in your home. Be sure to look around thoroughly!