EverQuest, originally launched in 1999, was one of the first MMORPGs to achieve great success and notoriety in the genre. Sony Online Entertainment's game has spawned a large number of successful expansion packs, continually adding to the world of Norrath and its history, races and classes, making EQ one of the most robust games available. In 2004, the game spun off a hugely successful sequel, EverQuest II.
- Tons of Races and Classes to Try | With 16 unique races and 16 distinct classes to play, there's something for everyone to try out while building characters to Everquest's level cap of 90.
- Expansive World to Explore | The world of Norrath has over 500 zones to explore, and Everquest has received 18 expansions of content in its over 13 years of post-launch development.
- Free to Play | Once bound to a subscription fee, Everquest now offers a free-to-play version that allows access to 17 of the game's expansions (except for the most recent Veil of Alaris expansion) and several races and classes, but requires real money purchases or a monthly subscription to unlock more features and content.
- Good | Choose among the Good races of Norrath from the Barbarians, Dwarves, Halflings, High Elves, and Wood Elves.
- Evil | Build your character from the Evil races of Dark Elves, Iksar, Ogres, and Trolls.
- Neutral | Pick from the Neutral races of Drakkin, Erudite, Froglok, Gnomes, Half Elves, Humans, and Vah Shir.
- Melee | Wade into battle with the Berserker, Monk, Rogue, and Warrior classes.
- Priest | Heal and buff your allies and weaken your enemies with the Cleric, Druid and Shaman classes.
- Caster | Wield powerful ranged magic and summon pets with the Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, and Wizard classes.
- Hybrid | Do a little bit of everything with the Bard, Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, and Shadowknight classes.