Enlisted is a squad-based first person MMO shooter covering key battles from World War II. It is developed by Darkflow Software studio using Dagor engine - the same engine that is used by Gaijin Entertainment’s War Thunder military online action game. Enlisted carefully recreates weapons, military vehicles and the atmosphere of that era, while demonstrating really massive clashes of numerous soldiers, tanks and aircraft with artillery and naval support.
Most of the Enlisted game modes simulate a battle involving several infantry platoons and gives the player control over a squad of soldiers with various roles (i.e. submachine gun soldier, sniper, radio operator, rifleman and others), a whole military vehicle crew or an aircraft pilot. One of the fighters is controlled directly, while others move and shoot independently following the player's general orders. In a situation where all the soldiers in the squad have fallen, a player respawns with the next available squad. This decision makes Enlisted battles look massive and spectacular while keeping the input of each individual player in the overall team victory quite significant.
- The weaponry, soldier’s uniform, appearance and capabilities of the vehicles in the game are in line with historical facts.
- VEHICLES Legendary ground vehicles and aircraft Tanks, wheeled armoured vehicles, fighters and attackers have been recreated with high precision and await their commander. During work on the vehicles in the game, development used their experience with the military online simulator War Thunder.
- WEAPONRY Hundreds of realistic weapons examples Detailed models in firearms, grenades, mortars, flamethrowers and anti tank guns. There are even stationary machine guns in the game that can be built by engineers! All of the weapons correspond to the historical prototypes and were actually used in particular military campaigns.
- SQUADS Your personal army Each squad consists of several soldiers who can be trained, equipped with new weapons and items and then taken into battle. You control one soldier personally while others will be handled by AI and obey your orders. You can switch between soldiers and stay in the most interesting point in a battle even after some of your soldiers are defeated.
- CAMPAIGNS How the war changed Opposing nations, as well as the available squads, weaponry, equipment, armoured vehicles and aircraft correspond to what has actually been presented in this war theatre scenario, so that each campaign, for example the defence of Moscow in 1941-1942 or storming of the Reich Chancellery in 1945 - offers a unique gaming experience.