Elite Dangerous to Receive April Patch with Updated Commander Creation & More
Elite: Dangerous servers will be taken offline on April 23rd for "approximately six hours, though the time could run over" to bring the April Update to commanders everywhere. Players can look forward to improvements across an array of features including the Main Menu and Commander Creation. New features include the Pilots' Federation District, a new "regulated area" designed for new commanders. New modules are also being added as well as improvements in other, smaller, areas.
- Updated the new commander flow to make the process more informative and engaging
- Ship selection screens now display more information on the ship, and also includes an image of the ship itself
- Players can now choose to start in the Dromi system (in a permit-controlled area administered by the Pilots’ Federation) or in the standard package location
Other areas that will be updated and/or tweaked include:
- the Navigation Tab
- the Pilot's Handbook with new Codex entries
- Training Simulation added
- Commodity Market Interface updates
- bug fixes and other improvements
Check out the full patch notes on the Elite: Dangerous site.