Two New Game Modes Coming to Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter
When Bungie launches Season of the Drifter for Destiny 2 on March 5th, it will come with a pair of new game modes. The Reckoning sends players to The Plains of the Nine to take on a plethora of enemies. Gambit Prime features unique rewards for class-based completion of the content.
The two game modes work together:
- Players pick up class-based items through bounties and in Gambit Prime, a single round experience
- Items are taken to The Reckoning, a matchmade event, where they provide a variety of buffs
- Players earn items for completing The Reckoning. These include armor pieces tied to the particular buffs that are active.
- Armor pieces should be used in Gambit Prime for specific bonuses to specific gameplay styles
- The cycle takes players on a loop that creates more complicated Gambit Prime experiences
- Armor sets come in four different sets for Gambit Prime bonuses: Reaper, Invader, Sentry and Collector
Players will also find a new seasonal event called The Revelry ahead of the start of the Season of Opulence that begins in June.
Learn more about Season of the Drifter on the Destiny 2 / Bungie site.