Destiny 2 Reveals Itself as an Action MMO & Bungie Wants to Improve RPG / Social Features
The Bungie Destiny 2 stream is in full swing and it's started with a bang. Luke Smith has categorically said that it is an action MMO and, despite dodging the "MMO term for years", it is what it is. The commitment is to continue to improve RPG and social elements in the coming years.
- cross save - take your guardians to any platform you play on - PS4, XB1 and PC - they are working with Sony to make this happen prior to the Shadowkeep expansion launch
- "We are going to be selling the game differently from now on."
- New Light is the free to play version that allows players to jump in and, if wanted, to purchase premium content.
- Destiny 2 Shadowkeep is a standalone expansion. Seasons will be as well.
- Destiny 2 is headed to Steam from Blizzard Launcher. All characters and items will be transferred to Steam. "We're packing and unpacking you and moving everything for you. It will be a seamless transition."
- "We get to decide what happens to Destiny next."