DayZ Headed to PlayStation 4 on May 29th
DayZ is coming to PlayStation 4 starting May 29th. The PS4 version joins the PC and Xbox One versions of the game from Bohemia Interactive. The brief announcement was made on the PlayStation Blog revealing a list of several games heading to the console.
- Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometers of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations.
- Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary.
- Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators.
- Wide variety of complex survival mechanics - from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases.
- Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases.
- Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems.
- Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system.
- Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport.
- Robust technology platform featuring modules of Bohemia's new Enfusion Engine.
- Seamless network synchronization and significantly improved game performance.
- A platform fully open to user created content, offering the same tool set that we use for actual game development.
Learn more about DayZ on its official site.