DayZ is a persistent zombie-themed mod developed by Dean "Rocket" Hall for the tactical shooter Arma 2. In DayZ, players take the role of survivor in a post-zombie apocalypse and must battle the infected population and team up or compete with other players in the game's location of Chernarus.
- Persistence | DayZ's server tracks your progress so that all of your stats are saved when you log off, allowing you to jump back in any time where you left off.
- New Weapons, Objects and Vehicles | New weapons and objects like crossbows, canned foods and car parts and custom vehicles that can be repaired to create mayhem among your zombie adversaries.
- Custom Animations | "Realistic" zombies with custom AI and motion-capped animations.
- Hardcore Survival and Medical System | Expect to hunt, eat and drink to fend for survival, and bandage your wounds or take a hit of painkillers to prevent the shakes. The brutal survival and medical systems in DayZ are core elements of its gameplay.
- Improved Optimization | New code and edits provide for a smoother gameplay experience and support thousands of zombies at a time. Get some!
THIS MOD REQUIRES THE PURCHASE OF ARMA 2 AND ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD TO PLAY.