Open Beta to Begin May 24th with Big Updates & the 'Evergame' Experience
Phoenix Labs will be bringing out a huge new update on May 2nd that will see a few weeks of beta testing prior to the launch of open beta on May 24th. Players can look at big improvements to the progression system and a better variety of quests alongside new additions that include a reputation system, a new world map and much more.
- The Progression System: Dauntless’ new progression system is not merely an update to quest lines or crafting requirements, but a new platform on which Phoenix Labs will build the stories of the world, the relationships with the characters that inhabit it, and the content they’ll be adding for years to come.
- A New World Map: The new world map provides Slayers the ability to select hunts and see what’s available.
- Reputation System: More than any new weapon, armor, lantern, or potion, a Slayer’s reputation is critical to their success, and new Reputation System will give them the chance to win the favor of three characters for valuable quests and rewards
- Slayer Choice: There is now more choice when it comes to Slayers choosing their hunts. They will be able to choose between embarking on a “Patrol,” “Expedition” or “Pursuit.”
- An Evolving World: Islands will rotate in and out of the range of Ramsgate throughout the life of Dauntless -- the islands Slayers explore and the activities that are available on them will change over time.
- Diversity of Quests: The diversity of quests that are available to Slayers is being widened with new side quests offering unique rewards (like lanterns).
- Gear Updates: Additional features and content for the gear, set perks, cells, and customization systems will increase the overall diversity of these systems.
Phoenix Labs also introduced the Evergame Experience. This is a "gameplay experience" that introduces Slayers to the Shattered Isles. Once the campaign is complete, they begin the Evergame that includes Alpha Behemoths, Exotic gear and "an enhanced Transmog system that can change the appearance of those weapons and gear and much, much more".
Learn more on the Dauntless site.