Dauntless Launches for True Cross Play Between PC, PS4 & XB1
Today's a huge day for Dauntless players as it has officially launched into retail release complete with "true cross-play" between PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store. Players will be able to "take their Dauntless account with them wherever they go" regardless of platform. The launch proves Phoenix Labs' commitment to cross-platform, cross-progression systems that allow players the freedom to play wherever they wish.
“After a year in Open Beta and a ton of great feedback from over 3 million Dauntless players, we’re proud to bring our game to console and expand our PC audience through the Epic Games store,” said Jesse Houston, CEO and Co-founder, Phoenix Labs. “When we first started talking about ‘One Dauntless,’ we knew it was a truly audacious goal. No one has ever launched on console with full cross-play support from the start, but we believed in our vision and, thankfully, our friends at Epic Games, Sony, and Microsoft did too. Keeping the community connected is one of our top priorities, and with all the new players coming in at launch, there’s never been a better time to be a Slayer in Dauntless.”
Players can look forward to a large update with today's launch that includes:
- improvements and content updates
- the new Mastery System to unlock achievements, acquire new rewards, and earn experience
- massive campaign rework including questing and crafting improvements
- End of Hunt screen to see the details of each hunt with stats and more
- Hidden Blades Hunt Pass that alters the world into the Moon Blossom Festival
Check out the full details on the Dauntless site.