Large Patch Brings Big Economic Changes
The Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum has the patch notes from the latest update that the team is calling the 'largest in scope and importance' in the game's history. The 'expansion' is focused on economy and is said to give players a reason to go out into the world to collect resources and materials to upgrade items.
The second, and equally important, is to give meaning to *Full loot* again. Yielding a high level item should make you tremble in excitement when you use it, hurt you when you lose it, and exhilarate you when you find it on someone's dead body.
- It addresses the issue of people having “full banks” filled with either resources, gear, or both.
- It levels the playing field between old characters and newer characters, especially between those who managed to accumulate wealth from frowned-upon methods, and the hard-working “savers”. Older characters will still have a small starting advantage but those who start playing the game more actively can catch up within days. From a game economy’s perspective, there cannot be a greater time to return to Darkfall than this *economy restart/gold rush* update.
- It addresses localization to a great extent. Rare materials will no longer be gained from anywhere in the world but from specific locations that are expected to beheavily contested and fought over. We are trying to achieve conflict through resource inequality. Player Holdings will play a huge role in this and the value of owning one or more will become crucial. Player House value has also increased.
- It addresses the complicated recipes required to craft everything.
- It makes the environment more dangerous and the PvE encounters quicker but much harder.
- It speeds up instant travel which will result in finding fights faster.
- It introduces the new inventory system, aimed to improve the QoL of all players, and makes inventory operations faster and more intuitive.
- It addresses character advancement through prowess as well as the acquisition of Dominion required by clans to have fun.
Read the full notes on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum.