Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Overwatch | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

    Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv YouTube.Gaming Discord
Register
Quick Game Jump
Members:3,815,112 Users Online:0
Games:984 
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/10/01)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Release Notes 1.84g

Posted by Jon Wood on Jun 14, 2006  | Comments

Release Notes 1.84g - MMORPG.com

Mythic's Dark Age of Camelot has released another set of release notes. This one is 1.84g. As usual, there isn't enough room to post all of the notes, so if you follow the link below, you can get the full version:

 

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

  • Bolts have been changed so that they will no longer fail to hit a target in combat unless the target is being melee attacked by an enemy who is within a range of 200 units. In such cases, there is a 20% chance of failure for each attacker within a range of 200 units.

    For example, there are three players - Player A, Player B and Player C. Player B is melee attacking Player A, and is within a range of 200 units. Player C is the bolt caster who is casting a bolt at Player A. Since Player A is being attacked by Player B, and Player B is within a range of 200 units, the bolt from Player C has an 80% chance of landing on Player A (not withstanding normal built-in hit/miss rates). However, if Player A has other attackers begin melee attacking at a range of less than 200 units, the chance of Player C's bolt hitting Player A will be reduced by 20% for each attacker. Therefore, if Player A is being attacked by two enemies within a range of 200 units, Player C's bolt only has a 60% chance of hitting; if Player A is being attacked by three enemies, then Player C's bolt has only a 40% chance of hitting; all the way up to five or more attackers, in which case Player C's bolt will completely fail to hit Player A.

    This change is an improvement for bolt casters over how it currently functions in the game. Right now, if a bolt caster attempts to hit a player who is in combat with one enemy - regardless of that enemy's range - the bolt will fail 20% of the time. This new change does not penalize the bolt caster when his or her target is being attacked by enemies who are more than 200 units away in distance.

  • Specialty titles have been implemented for NPCs providing special services. Examples of such NPCs are Realm Point Removers, Trifecta Dealers and Dread Seal Merchants.
  • The title has been added to monsters whose abilities and tricks make their con deceptive. A yellow-con monster may require a full group to defeat, despite its equal level. Throughout the next several patches, the tag will be added to additional monsters as appropriate.

Read it all, here

 advertisement 
7.5
Avg. User Rating: 7.9
(3578 Votes)