City of Heroes Overview
City of Heroes was a premier free-to-play MMORPG from the vaulted game companies NCSoft, Paragon Studios, and Cryptic Studios, and holds the distinction of being the first super-hero MMORPG. Players could enter Paragon City or the Rogue Isles and create a hero or villain from 10 archetypes, add Powers from a list of over 40 primary and sub classes, then set about questing to rise to the top of the hero or villain hierarchy. They could meet and fight alongside many signature heroes and villains, including Statesman, Lord Recluse, Sister Psyche, Scirocco, and others. Players could also ally themselves with other heroes and villains and build their own super Base of operations. They could also use the Mission Architect to create and share adventures. The game was shut down in November of 2012.
- Paragon City | Heroes must help defend the good citizens of Paragon City in nine sprawling city zones.
- Rogue Isles | The haven for the super-powered Villains, consisting of five crime-ridden zones.
- Hero Archetypes | Blaster, Controller, Defender, Scrapper, Tanker.
- Villain Archetypes | Mastermind, Stalker, Dominator, Corruptor, Brute.
- Super Powers | Select your powers based on role - melee, buff/debuff, ranged, control, defense - to make up your Primary and Secondary Power Sets.