Trending Games | Path of Exile | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Astellia

    Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv YouTube.Gaming Discord
Register
Quick Game Jump
Members:3,909,009 Users Online:0
Games:785 

Show Blog

Link to this blogs RSS feed

IfThen Software

Development log for IfThen Software. IfThen Software is a family owned and operated indie game development company. http://www.ifthensoftware.net/

Author: InvisibleLf

Newsletter issue #3

Posted by InvisibleLf Tuesday October 7 2008 at 2:53PM
Login or Register to rate this blog post!

Cross-posted from members.gamedev.net/ifthensoftware/journal/

News

The formula used to calculate the overall percentage shown on the progress page (www.ifthensoftware.net/loradon_online/progress/) has been upgraded. It now takes into account how long each feature might take/did take to finish. This way a feature that was finished in 3 minutes will no longer affect the overall progress by the same amount as a feature that took a month to finish.

Because of this new formula, the overall progress is now at 33%. This is much more accurate then the 90% it was at previously. We got to 90% in a single month and finishing the remaining 10% would have taken a couple months or more.


From the Programmer
Written by Invisible

I got to jump in and fix some problems with the font engine last week and I'm glad I did. I was able to not only fix the problem, but I also made the code shorter and easier to read. The parameter list for the PrintText() function is still way larger then I think it should be, but at least it works for now.

On a possibly related topic; changing the parameter list for a function that is called over 300 times takes a very long time. The macro keys on this G11 keyboard really come in handy if you know how to use them right.


Latest Dev Demo Report
Written by Roarman

The October 3rd demo brought the testers some exciting new features to play with. Grouping got a small overhaul which made it more esthetically pleasing. It also got a lot easier to cast spells on your teammates; you no longer have to try and click on your group members while they are running around. The reply system was also enhanced, making it a lot easier to send replies.

As far as bugs go, we found one that allows you to move while casting a certain spell. It looked cool, but made mages way over-powered.

I didn't play long enough to find my usual long list of bugs due to personal time restraints, but that probably made the programmer happy. Looking forward to the next demo, but til then, over and out.