Unreal Engine 4 Upgrade to Blade & Soul May Not Make It in 2019
Blade & Soul Senior Producer Nico Coutant has penned the game's mid-year update to provide the community with a peek at what's ahead for the second half of 2019. Most notably, Coutant admits that the big Unreal Engine 4 upgrade probably won't be released in 2019 as originally planned. However, a new video showing some of the development progress towards the goal has also been released.
The rest of the letter reviews all of the things that have been released up to this point in the year, then turns to what players can expect going forward:
- a new "highly anticipated class" coming in September for "ranger-loving players out there" - it seems it will be a hybrid ranged/melee class
- Assassin & Destroyer classes will receive their new third Talent specialization
- new dungeons, raids and equipment
- QoL improvements
- easy dungeon mode for new players to learn the mechanics
- team-based combat for Shackled Isles PvP
- an overhaul of the weekly challenge system
- an expanded Unity system
- a "new system to separate PvE and PvP Attack Power
Read the full letter on the Blade & Soul site.