The second annual awards are down to the finalists... make your vote count!
Last year we began a tradition of Reader's Choice Awards. EVE Online swept the major categories and the nomination process was not without controversy. This year, we've learned our lessons and bring you a new and improved system. Today, we open the nomination process where users can vote for their game in seven categories over the next two weeks. The top four games, plus one editorial nominee (if necessary) will then be entered into the finals where all readers can vote once again.
This year, six of last year's categories return plus one new field. The categories are:
The categories are:
- Favorite Graphics: Won last year by EVE Online, this category is open to all games currently on the market in commercial service.
- Favorite PvE: World of Warcraft was selected by our readers last year as their Favorite PvE Experience. Do they have what it takes to retain the crown? This category, again, is open to all games in commercial service.
- Favorite PvP: EVE Online was your favorite PvP experience last year. Did a year change anything? This category is open to all games in commercial service.
- Favorite Story: The Saga of Ryzom pulled off an upset victory last year. Now, with the Ryzom Ring can they retain their crown as the favorite world/role-playing/backstory of any released MMORPG on our list?
- Most Anticipated: Open to all games that have yet to launch, last year's winner Dungeons and Dragons Online has hit the market. Who will take home the crown this year?
- Favorite New Game: This category is from a list of games that launched to commercial service in 2006 and is the only new category in this year's awards.
- Favorite Game: Finally, from among those games on the market, what is your favorite MMORPG? Last year, the voters said EVE.
To vote, click on the links above or simply scroll through the next seven pages.---->