The Anthem Reddit has a new post from BioWare's Lead Producer Ben Irving. In it, Irving lays out some significant changes coming to the loot system, much of it based on community feedback. Most notably, BioWare is targeting Inscriptions and making them more useful to the items to which they are attached.
Other changes coming to the loot system:
- Inscriptions only apply to the item they are on. "Otherwise the inscription will provide a javelin-wide benefit"
- White and Green rarity items are removed from level 30 loot tables
- Masterwork Embers needed for crafting masterwork has been reduced
- Items will have a specific pool of Inscriptions that can be applied to it. "Pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type".
- Primary Inscriptions are for survivability or damage; Secondary Inscriptions are for utility
The update is currently scheduled to go live either today or on March 1st.
Check the full post on the Anthem Reddit.