After Weeks of Silence from the Devs, Anthem Gets a Surprise Update
Anthem devs have been largely silent for the last several weeks, but it seems they are still working on the game as evidenced by today's surprise update. Most notably, today's patch brings three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions on board alongside a number of tweaks to creatures, Javelins and strongholds as well as a number of bug fixes.
- Improved the compass to show collectible items as a question mark when you are near one.
- Added a purple target icon to show an area where an enemy that is guaranteed to drop loot will appear. When the enemy appears, they will have a white target icon.
- Added the ability to fast travel to different strider locations from the map while in freeplay.
- Three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions have been added.
- Load screens now display lore regarding the location that you are loading into.
- Added a simple UI for players to communicate non-verbally with each other and express themselves via emotes. This is accessed by pressing down on the D-Pad if using a controller, or B on a keyboard for PC.
Read the patch notes on the Anthem / EA site.