Albion Online Game Director Speaks About Randomized Dungeons Coming in Oberon
When Oberon launches into Albion Online later this month, one of its big features is the randomized dungeon system. In a new "Dev Talk", Game Director Robin Henkys talks about the new feature including the "key components of this feature" and how it works. This is part one of a two-part series.
- are found through Hidden Entrances that can appear anywhere in the world, or through dungeon maps or they can be found in "existing fixed dungeon locations in the open world"
- entrances will tell players which faction they'll be facing off against, though some may not reveal the faction and others can take place in the overworld
- are mostly linear, with some side jaunts and "backtracks" so they are fast-paced
- will require 4-6 "appropriately equipped players"
- offer open world group PvE to all players
Check out the video below or head to the Albion Online site to learn more.