Age of Empires Online Overview
Age of Empires Online is an MMORTS from Gas Powered Games and Microsoft Game Studios and is the massively multiplayer follow up to the popular strategy series, Age of Empires. AEO blends traditional RTS gameplay, including empire creation and resource management, with the persistent, online world focused on your capital city, a city that continues to grow even while you're offline. Participate in crafting, with craft halls facilitating Advisors or equipment that will boost your troops skills, resource management, empire growth, or take part in massive multiplayer through both co-operative quests, or be a cut-throat tyrant in PvP. This, and more, all for the price of free!
- Capital City | You rule and custom design your capital, including the economy, technology, and influence-expanding quests.
- Crafting | Craft Halls house the Advisors who enhance your units through a variety of buildings: Hunting Lodge, Cavalry Hall, Military College, Engineering College, Builder’s Hall, Craftsman’s Hall, Grand Temple.
- Buildings | Various types to help establish settlements in foreign lands: Barracks, Guardtower, House, Storehouse.
- Units | Various types for attack, defense, and resource-gathering: Military, Priest, Scout, Villager.
- Multiplayer | By way of both co-op and PvP, and including a Champion Mode.