A Tale in the Desert Overview
Collect resources such as wood and grass, turn them in at a school to learn the skills to craft increasingly advanced resources and machines. Though there is no combat in the game, you can compete against your fellow players to finish tests and hopefully be one of the blessed few to reach Oracle status in one(or more) of the 7 disciplines available.
- Tests | Some tests require you to work together with friends, while other tests are completed on your own. Complete tests in one of the 7 disciplines of Architecture, Art, Body, Harmony, Leadership, Thought and Worship to get a new title and various rewards such as a boost to your stats.
- Skills | Trade resources for skills at schools to be able to build new and better machines to make even more different resources. You can even crate your own fireworks!
- Research | Donate resources to universities to unlock new skills and machines to build.
- Laws | Create your own petition for a new law to be implemented into the game. Get as many signatures as you can, then turn it in at the University of Leadership and see your law on the voting booth where your friends can vote to make it happen!
- Factions | New in Tale 8 is factions, where you gain rank when you help your faction by donating for research or giving tribute to regions to get their alliance. Beware though that if you do not help your faction, you might find that you get lowered in rank!