The german print magazine GameStar features a huge preview in its latest issue. Besides some well-kown screenshots there are some really interesting details revealed. Here are the most important ones including some comments from us:
**Also remember that these have not yet been confirmed by a Blizzard representative and should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Information provided by. www.worldofwar.net
As mentioned above some facts should not be taken as confirmed, as no representative of Blizzard hs yet confirmed them, especially the Exp-loss. This issue of GameStar is available tomorrow (Wed 2nd July 2003).
- A class Thief is mentioned. We think this must be a mistake and should be approved by an employee of Blizzard Entertainment.
- No stat-points are allocated like in DAoC when creating a new character.
- There are really tons of possibilities in character-customization and this is just alpha ....
- According to GameStar there IS a loss of Exp when dying. This is hard to believe since loosing experience is definitely not planned. In our opinnion this a misunderstanding.
- Has been revealed yet, but still interesting to some people: new skills and spells can be obtained by solving quests.
- In this preview it is mentioned that the skill “Language” is only necessary to talk to other race´s NPCs, not to other PCs. Still, this should be confirmed by Blizzard before we can really believe that.
- Decorations in player´s houses can be chosen from a vast pool of carpets, pictures, accesoires and so on.
- Crossing Azeroth by foot takes appr. two hours.
- More expensive mounts like horses do not offer an increase in speed but only in the looks.
- Capacity of transportships is 30 heroes so far.
- Mages can summon portals leading to the capital´s mage tower.
- The transparent map known from Diablo II is available in cities like stormwind.
- There are two prison dungeons in Stormwind.
- An online-ladder will cover the tournaments organized by Blizzard in the arenas.
- On a very interesting shot there are a warlock and a mage fighting a bear. The warlock has summoned a felhound but there is a defias thief standing NEXT TO the mage, facing the bear. He is obviously not an enemy.