Dreadlocks has partnered with BadLand to publish its cyberpunk 2D side-scrolling RPG "Dex" for both PlayStation and XBox One. The game will be released on July 8th for both platforms. Dex is already available for PC via Steam for $19.99.
- Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions mixed with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implant
- Neo-cyberpunk: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors -- flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
Check out the Dex site for more information.