Frontier Developments has announced the release of Beta 1 for Elite: Dangerous. This release features a hugely expanded universe, up to 38,000 cubic light years' worth. The new content takes place in the realistically modeled Milky Way, centering on the Boötes constellation.
Significant Beta 1 additional features include:
- 55 star systems covering 38,000 cubic light-years
- Initial online mission system functionality (to be further developed through Beta)
- Player-to-player communication by text and voice
- Friends management and matchmaking
- Private Group play option
- On-line single player option
- Overview trade route mapping
- The concept of fuel consumption
- Docking computers to automate safe star port landings
- Additional Viper heavy fighter and Lakon Type 6 medium trader ships
Find out more about Beta 1 on the Elite: Dangerous site.