The ArcheAge site has been update with news that many fans of the forthcoming title have been wanting to hear more about. The post details the benefits to becoming a Patron of ArcheAge and indicates that this incarnation is based on Rift's "No Tricks, No Traps" philosophy of free-to-play gaming. Lastly, free players will have a robust game in which to play that does not require any cash output in order to have fun, though some features, including the auction house, are somewhat limited.
Players can become patrons in one of two ways: Through purchasing Patronage with real world cash, or by using the game's "credit" currency to purchase Patron Passes.
Before we discuss how to get it, let’s detail what Patron status means in ArcheAge. Patrons will enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus online Labor Point regeneration (10 per 5 minutes)
- Offline Labor Point regeneration (5 per 5 minutes)
- Increased maximum Labor Points cap (5000 maximum)
- 10% bonus to all Experience gained through combat or labor usage
- 10% discount on Marketplace purchases
- 5 Loyalty Tokens per day for use in the Loyalty Store (awarded on first login of the day)
- Ability to claim land by placing farms and houses
- Ability to pay in-game taxes on owned property
- Ability to post auctions on the Auction House by default
Read more details about the Patron Program and APEX currency on the ArcheAge site.
The ArcheAge team will be on hand for a live stream even to further discuss the program at an as-yet unannounced date and time. We'll keep you posted.