The Trove team has taken to Reddit to solicit user input into the next biome to enter the game. Players are invited to write up a few ideas, create a few visuals and the team will cull through them and work with the community to pick the perfect one. Submissions will be taken through Monday, April 21st.
As per the tier 9 community reward the time has come for us to pool our collective creative energy and come up with the next biome to come to Trove.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- You guys are going to pitch some biomes. Come up with an idea, maybe some visual aids, and make a post about it. Link to that post in the comment section of this one.
- We’re going to go through all the biomes and pick a list of those with the most support and that are also doable for us. We will provide ongoing feedback and you can also see below for more details.
- You will all vote on this list. The winner of the vote will be the biome we make!
- Once we’ve chosen a biome, we’ll follow a similar pattern to design the class that fits with that biome.
Things to think about when designing a biome:
- Make it cohesive – think about a theme that ties the inhabitants together with the decoration and aesthetics.
- Is it different enough from the other biomes? Don’t make something that is ‘like the desert but with robots’.
- No deep liquids (i.e., no oceans or lakes) – right now we just don’t have the tech for this.
- Make it awesome!
We'll be taking submissions up through 4/21 and the voting will start shortly after that. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Leave your thoughts and check out the current submissions on the Trove Reddit.