Sony Online Entertainment and the PlanetSide 2 team have released a terrific new video that shines the spotlight on the Player Studio and the amazing creations made. With Player Studio, items created are sold via the Marketplace with profits going (minus a small fee) directly to the creators. Check it out and some of the awesome stats provided.
PlanetSide 2 has received more than 2,000 Player Studio submissions in less than eight months.
- PlanetSide 2 began accepting submissions on 7/26/2013 - camos, hood ornaments, decals, vehicle canopy overlays, helmets (players can now also create Harasser cosmetic attachments)
- The first PlanetSide 2 camos went on sale in August 2013.
- The first helmets in September 2013.
- There are currently 469 Player Studio items available for sale in the PS2 Market place.
- PlanetSide 2 Player Studio items represented more than 10% of total in-game item sales in January and February and 35% of all cosmetic items.
- Initially, camo patterns were the most popular items and made up 95% of PlanetSide 2 submissions, but the program has evolved and now helmets currently represent 55% of all PlanetSide 2 Player Studio item sales while camo patterns represent 44% of all PlanetSide 2 Player Studio item sales.
- Top 5 PlanetSide 2 Player Studio items:
- Avalon Helmet (14% of total Player Studio Sales)
- Sentinel Helmet
- Heavy Cloth Helmet
- Viper Helmet
- Avalanche Helmet
- The current number one item, Avalon Helmet, has outsold the number two item, Sentine Helmet, by 23%.
- Two creators, Nicococo and Arctorn, dominate Player Studio helmet category with more than 43% of Player Studio helmet sales combined. Nicococo has 7 helmet models available in the marketplace, and Arctorn has 6.
- IEatFatPeople (IEFP) has two hit camo patterns that represent 12% of all Player Studio camo sales.