To celebrate EverQuest's fifteen anniversary, Sony Online Entertainment has published a terrific inforgraphic to show off some amazing stats gained over the decade and a half since the game's launch.
Fun facts that can be found on the infographic include:
- EverQuest launched with ~70 zones. Today, there are over 1,500!
- In 1999, there were ~13,000 NPCs in EverQuest. Today, the NPC population size of EverQuest nearly matches that of Oakland, Calif. or Miami, Florida: 400,000
- EverQuest has won an Emmy and was featured on the cover of TV Guide.
- EverQuest entered the GDC Video Game Hall of Fame in 2011
- Less than 50% of US households had home computers or Internet access when EverQuest launched in 1999. Those numbers have doubled today.