The World of Warcraft Twitter has been updated with the notice that PvP Season 14 will close with the next realm maintenance next week and that Season 15 will begin a week later. The speculation is that Season 15 will last approximately sixteen weeks and that Season 16 will perhaps usher in the Warlords of Draenor expansion. This would put the release in mid- to late-June.
PvP Season 14 is currently scheduled to conclude with next week's standard realm maintenance. Good luck! http://t.co/MxsaULpaE1— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) February 15, 2014
Warlords of Draenor has already begun to make its appearance in the Blizzard desktop launcher further leading to speculation that preorders for the expansion will be arriving soon.
Season 14 is coming to an end as early as the scheduled weekly maintenance on February 18, 2014. On that day, we’ll begin the process of determining end-of-season reward eligibility, which could take up to two weeks to complete.
Qualifying players should note the following in order to ensure you receive your just rewards:
- Please do not transfer your characters to another realm or faction until after Season 14 has ended.
- Award distribution for Season 14, including titles and mounts, could take up to two weeks after the season ends, though our goal is to finish in one.
- Only players who have a rating of 1,000 or better are considered when calculating rewards.
At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted into Honor Points, and any Honor above 4,000 will be converted into in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. There are a few other things to keep in mind once the season ends:
- The Honor Points cap will remain at 4,000.
- All Season 14 items will have their costs converted into Honor Points equivalent to their previous Conquest Points cost, with the exception of any items that have a rating requirement.
- Season 14 items with rating requirements will no longer be available for purchase.
Season 15 Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds will begin approximately one week after the end of Season 14, and all Personal Ratings will be reset at the same time. Also note that Arena and Rated Battleground matches will not be available during the break between seasons. Once Season 15 begins, players will battle for the right to equip Prideful Gladiator gear, the most powerful PvP gear in game to date with an Item Level of 550.
Do you have Conquest points yet to earn to get your full Season 14 set? Best get to it!