Red Hook Studios, developers of Darkest Dungeon, a single-player roguelike RPG that has been in development for the preceding nine months, has launched a KickStarter initiative to raise $75,000 to help finish the job. Darkest Dungeon sets itself apart from the typical dungeon crawler by featuring psychological effects on the team that adventures forth.
- The Affliction System – heroes' personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
- Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
- A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!
- Town meta-game – tend to your heroes wounds, both corporeal and cerebral
- Loot! Gold, jewels, heirlooms, and mystical trinkets. Not to mention upgradable armor, weapons, and consumable supplies.
- Things That Once Seen Can Never Be Unseen...
Head to the Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter page for more information.