The latest DayZ patch has some nifty new loot spawns for players to find in the zombie survival game now in its second month of alpha testing. Among other things, players can now receive hiking pants (and shorts!), hacksaws and shotgun in loot drops. For those scrounging for foodstuffs, berry picking is on the menu as well.
- Editable character name in main menu
- Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
- Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
- DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
- Signature verification against PBOs
- Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
- Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
- Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
- Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
- Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
- Added shotgun into loot spawns
- Berry picking
- Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
- Saw-off shotgun recipe
- Opening cans with saw
- Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
- Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
- Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)
Read the full patch notes on the DayZ forum.