A first work day of the new year developer post has arrived on the official forums to give Star Wars: The Old Republic players a sneak peek at the next patch. Of particular note is the DPS boost that both Operatives and Scoundrels will receive in v2.6.
Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:
- The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
- A new Gunship variant.
- Two Bomber variants!
- ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.
Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:
- A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
- Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
- Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
- Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
- Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.
As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.
Join in on the discussion on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.