The Path of Exile team has posted a short and sweet letter on the game's official forums to lay out in detail all of the exciting happenings in and around the title.
It's just about to become 2014 in New Zealand, so we've decided to post a short retrospective on what has been the most exciting year of Path of Exile's history. PoE's success in 2013 is almost entirely due to our amazing community. Your patience, support, feedback and dedication have allowed us to grow Path of Exile into the game we always wanted it to be. Thank you for an amazing year - we're looking forward to making 2014 even better!
- Path of Exile evolved from Closed Beta to Open Beta (late January) and then to full Release (late October).
- We deployed 87 patches, ran over 1000 race events, posted 286 daily deals and 222 news posts.
- Grinding Gear Games expanded from 20 people to 55! While our core development team doubled in size (to 35) we also scaled up our customer support department by a factor of ten.
- We had three sets of supporter packs for sale at different times during 2013 (the tail end of the Closed Beta packs, the Open Beta packs and the current Release packs.
- Over 3.7 million new players signed up to play Path of Exile.
- We hit a peak of almost 70,000 people playing Path of Exile at the same time. We expect to beat this record as we localise the game to more countries next year!
- We had the pleasure of meeting several hundred fans at meetups in various countries.
- Zero Unique Fish were caught.
- 1 in every 500 people alive visited www.pathofexile.com.
- Path of Exile won numerous awards including GameSpot's 2013 PC Game of the Year.
Have a great New Year, guys. Thanks again for everything.
Source: Path of Exile site