The Guild Wars 2 site has been updated with new information about this year's Wintersday in-game celebration. Wintersday will include new events, quests, a new jumping puzzle and more.
It’s an MMO holiday tradition. As the nights grow long and colder in the Living World of Tyria, Toymaker Tixx returns in his massive floating workshop to spread holiday cheer with high-tech toys and festive games. This year the asuran inventor Tixx and his frequently faulty golem assistant Toxx have a bag full of mirth for players of every persuasion.
Wintersday Events and Activities
- The Wondrous Workshop - Round up mischievous toys running wild inside Toymaker Tixx’s holiday workshop!
- Winter Wonderland Jumping Puzzle - Test your skills in a lethal platform puzzle loaded with holiday obstacles and really long drops!
- Bell Choir Musical Activity –Join other players to ring in the season and make sweet, sweet music together!
- Toypocalypse - Enter the Toypocalypse challenge and help save Wintersday from haywire toys run amok!
- Snowball Mayhem – It wouldn’t be Wintersday without a chance to pelt your fellow players in the face with snowballs in this fun team activity!
However, not everything is candy canes and snowflakes in Guild Wars 2 this December. The nightmare still continues in the Kessex Hills and surrounding countryside, as players battle inside the Tower of Nightmares introduced in the Oct. 29 release.
Players can get an inside look at the Wintersday release during a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Monday, Dec. 9, at noon (PST) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/
Read more on the Guild Wars 2 site.