ArenaNet has announced that the next major Guild Wars 2 update will be called "Fractured". Fractured will take players on a journey with elected leader Captain Kiel as she explores the Thaumanova Reactor. Players will have lots of new fractal action in which to take part, as well as several new rewards.
- The Nightmare Continues: The Tower of Nightmares, which has occupied players for weeks, is headed for collapse, but the fight isn’t over yet. Players can continue their battle against the vile Toxic Alliance to destroy the foul structure and prevent its evil from spreading.
- Three Fractals: In addition to illuminating the strange circumstances of the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, players can experience two more historical events thanks to further Fractals research. The Molten Furnace Fractal allows players to relive the daring raids on the Molten Alliance facilities, while the treacherous Aetherblade Fractal has players infiltrating the Aetherblade’s old base of villainy.
- Two Boss Fractals: The Jade Maw of the Solid Ocean Fractal is no longer the only challenge awaiting players when they make it to the end of each set of three fractals. Special boss encounters with the Aetherblade captain Mai Trin and the two Molten Alliance champions from the Molten Facility have been added to the rotation.
- Agony Resist Updates: Developers are evolving the way Agony Resistance works on items, so players will now be able to collect drops granting Agony Resistance and combine those to continually increase their level of Agony Resistance.
- Fractals of the Mists Leaderboards: Players soon will be able to earn the envy and adulation of friends and strangers thanks to new leaderboards. Players whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.
- Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges. Every fractal players enter with a fractal level above 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level or change how it is played.
- Obsidian Sanctum Update: Players will now be able to enter the Obsidian Sanctum, the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle, directly through the WvW menu. Additionally, a new arena space has been added for combat between opposing groups of players, and the Borderlands Bloodlust buff will no longer apply in the Obsidian Sanctum.
- Fractal Reward Updates: In addition to earning daily fractal rewards like Empyreal Fragments, Fractal Relics and Pristine Fractal Relics at all levels, players also will earn a gold, or more, making the Fractals of the Mists more rewarding.
- Fractal Tonic: A new, infinite tonic with the ability to transform players into any number of friends and foes from within the Mists awaits as a rare reward found within the Fractals of the Mists.
- New Runes and Sigils: Players braving the dangers of the most difficult fractals will find their valor rewarded by a chance at new sigils and runes to adorn their gear.Players can get an inside look at the release, which includes additional new events, features and rewards, during a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Wednesday, Nov. 27, at noon (PST) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel.
Head to the Guild Wars 2 site for more information.