The Novus Aeterno team has announced that a Kickstarter initiative to help complete the funding needs of the upcoming MMORTS will kick off later today. Novus Aeterno has been in development for several years and is nearing completion.
- A true MMORTS – build your space empire in cooperation with and against thousands (and thousands) in a single galaxy
- Persistent play – No short play sessions. Your empire continues to thrive or be threatened 24/7 through continuous play that can span weeks, months and years.
- Sandbox Design – no pre-set missions or linear storyline. PvP play (PvE is a stretch goal) the way you want to play.
- Based on the D.I.M.E military ‘empire management’ philosophy – Diplomacy, Intelligence, Military or Economy; form alliances and play to your strengths.
- 5 complete race factions – humans + 4 alien races (only human available at launch) with their own lore, fleets and technologies
- Fully-customizable ships – tailor your ships to match your objectives with hundreds of ships divided into 5 separate ship hull classes and wide array of engines, armors and weaponry.
- Directional ship armor and weapons; varied weapon effects and weapon range/firing arc displays
- All in game credits/resources/components ‘exist’ and must be loaded onto transport ships to move between planets or be traded with other players.
- Stunning intergalactic HD graphics; built on the HAVOK Visions engine
- Soundtrack: hours of full orchestration by Denny Schneidemesser
- Optimized for minimal lag in low bandwidth regions (even playable across dial-up)
- Basic in-game chat
We will keep you posted when the Kickstarter campaign launches officially later today. In the meantime, head to the site for more information about the game.