ArenaNet today unveiled the details of Guild Wars 2's November 12th update: The Nightmares Within. Furthering the story of the Nightmare Court teaming up with the Krait, this update brings a slew of new updates and a heavy metal song creation contest to boot... yes, for real.
In the Nov. 12 release, The Nightmare Within, players continue the sinister storyline that began in October’s Tower of Nightmaresrelease. Having unlocked the secret behind the toxic defenses surrounding the monolithic Tower of Nightmares, players now can assault the tower itself. But new dangers, frights and challenges await all who dare enter the stronghold of the Toxic Alliance between the reptilian krait and the Nightmare Court.
Players can get an inside look at all the new content, events, and rewards in The Nightmares Within during a developer livestream with ArenaNet developers on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at noon (PST) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel.
Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest
Few things are as “metal” as a sorcerous tower of evil, and to commemorate The Nightmares Within release, ArenaNet is hosting a heavy metal music video contest. Starting today through Nov. 26 at 11:59 p.m. (PST), players and fans can submit a one-minute music video to “The Nightmares Within” song, available for download at the ArenaNet SoundCloud page.
The most creative videos will win SteelSeries gaming gear and one grand prize winner also will receive a unique 3D-printed Guild Wars 2 guitar from Sygnus Guitars. Winners will be announced on the Guild Wars 2 website on or around Friday, Dec. 13. More information on the contest, including rules and submission guidelines, can be found at the official site.
- Lingering Poison: Though the Tower of Nightmares has been breached, the Toxic Alliance’s nefarious presence remains. Players will find that Kessex Hills and the surrounding countryside still are befouled by poisonous pollen.
- Face The Nightmares Within: Special encounters await players brave enough to enter rooms within the Tower of Nightmares. What will they find? Agents of the evil Scarlet Briar? Or something much more insidious? Only one thing is certain: strength, determination and resilience will be required to survive.
- The End of Nightmares?: Marjory Delaqua, the human detective, developed a special antitoxin to destroy the deadly menace at the heart of the Tower of Nightmares, but the team she dispatched to inject it never returned. Players will get their chance to pick up the fight and succeed where those before them failed.
- Antitoxic Fashion: Players completing the meta achievement for The Nightmares Within will unlock a special Gasmask Skin that features the latest design in air purification and toxin prevention. This universal skin can be applied to any piece of head armor.
- Exclusive Looks: Players can complete their wardrobes with a new Air Filtration Device – a dry-land version of the starter aquatic helm – or get the new Toxic Spore back item.
- Minis: Players can earn two new Toxic Krait minis – one by destroying Toxic Alliance foes, the other by killing a special enemy hidden deep in the heart of the Tower of Nightmares.
- Tri-Key Chest: Players collecting three keys – either from foes within the Tower of Nightmares or by bartering for them with Marjory Delaqua’s helper, Dee – can open the chest for a chance to win special treasures.