The latest Star Trek Online developer blog has been published on the official site. In it, the team details forthcoming additions to the reputation gain system that will arrive with Season 8.
Players have long requested that we make progressing through reputations easier when playing multiple characters. This feature is intended to address that and applies to ALL reputations, not just the Dyson Joint Command Reputation.
- Upon reaching Tier 5 with a reputation you will unlock a special Sponsorship project.
- The project costs 100 marks and will output a Sponsorship Token
- This token can be put into your Account Shared Bank and can be accessed by your other characters.
- All reputations have a Tier 1 project that requires 1 sponsorship token specific to that reputation.
- Completing this project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
- This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp (or 2500xp and 150xp for the Dyson Joint Command Reputation) will now give 4000xp and 1600xp (or 5000xp and 300xp for the Dyson Joint Command Reputation).
- Inputs for these projects remain the same.
Read the full post on the Star Trek Online site.