38 Studios' intellectual properties will be going up for auction on November 14-15, 2013. Curt Schilling's former studio went bankrupt last year and caused a sensation in the industry for defaulting on state-authorized loans from Rhode Island. Winners will receive rights to the Amalur universe including Project Copernicus and the rights to sequels of Kingdoms of Amalur.
- Intellectual property rights in the “Amalur” fantasy universe including:
- “Project Copernicus” an in development Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) including a 10,000 year world history, completed character “races” and playable “zones”
- Sequel rights to the critically acclaimed “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning”, including development concepts, game artwork and designs.
- Merchandise rights and revenue streams associated with the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC title “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning”
- Intellectual property rights in Big Huge Games’ properties including the classic PC strategy title “Rise of Nations” as well as “Rise of Legends” and the Xbox Live Arcade title “Catan”.
- In house developed video game technology including the “Big Huge Games Engine” and the 38 Studios’ gaming, social media and development platform codenamed “Helios”
Check out the 38 Studios auction site.