Trion Worlds has announced that the first major content update for Defiance will arrive on August 20th. Called "Castithan Charge Pack", the new content will deliver a new arkfall, new dueling options, game improvements and more.
As the new add-on content pack goes live, the following additions will be made to the game for all players, regardless of whether they have purchased the new content:
- New Charge Weapons – shotguns, sniper rifles and pistols
- Sieges -- a new type of dynamic content mode that combines Capture-and-Hold control points with kill scores, as enemies invade various mission locations, forcing players to band together to hold them off
- New Monolith Major Arkfall – highly challenging arkfall event with a tough new boss and loot
- Military Academy – a new player-versus-player capture and hold map
- Duels Game Mode – challenge your friends online in one-on-one combat
- Additional in-game changes, including newly enhanced map, and new chat window
Players who purchase the Castithan Charge Pack will receive access to the following:
- Play as the alien Castithan Species – create a new character or change your existing one
- New Battle Arena Game Mode – an instanced single player “horde mode”-style game that opens up a new story mission line, Castithan Charge Blade weapon and in-game item
- Unique version of the Raptor – a new four passenger truck designed to help small groups of arkhunters to quickly traverse the terraformed Bay Area
- Unique Castithan outfit
- New Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 system Achievements and Trophies
Find out more on the Defiance site.