The War Z is no longer The War Z. According to a post on the official Facebook page, the game's name will officially be changed to Infestation: Survivor Stories when the patch process is completed later today.
- The name of the game has changed! The games new name is now: Infestation: Survivor Stories The game and all applicable website URL's will be updated with this name as well.
- Character names are now affected by the Profanity Filter. New characters will no longer be able to create names with profanity in them. Circumventing this filter can lead to a permanent ban of your account.
- Added additional words to the Profanity Filter.
- We've Changed the way the server browser selections menu functions. Now when you click "Play Game" you will be presented with channel tabs. On the left side of the channel you can click it to browser servers. On the right hand side you can click it to quick join.
- Updated Boulder with a new survivor stronghold, safe settlement section (overrun - non-functional), and expanded military camp. For more info check out the Dev Diary HERE.
- Adjusted some vehicles, climbable objects, and walls for a greater gameplay experience in Clearview.
- Updated spawn points around Clearview to help combat spawn camping. This is an initial test and if it works out we will do the same for other cities.
- We have removed the Hardcore option from the game. Unfortunately this feature was not being used by many players. All current Hardcore characters will remain until death.
- Hardcore leaderboards have been removed from the game.