After a tiny teaser image appeared on the Guild Wars 2 site last week, a lot of speculation began about what it would mean to the game. This week, the answers are revealed by ArenaNet in a new teaser page and press information about the second content update for the month of May, scheduled to hit servers at the end of the month.
- New Improved World XP: ArenaNet has improved the award system for World XP in World vs. World, allowing players to gain rewards for a much wider range of activities in the Mists – everything from destroying siege weapons, repairing walls, escort missions and more.
- Greater Variety and More Rewards in WvW: Earn World XP for playing the way you want with WvW daily achievements. Each time players gain a new World rank, they’ll earn a bonus chest with WvW loot.
- New WvW Abilities and Matchup Changes: Choose to become even deadlier in The Mists with new abilities like Burning Oil Mastery or new ranks in Defense Against Guards. WvW matches allow players to face new opponents in new matchups and test their world’s skill against more foes.
- Custom PvP Arenas and Spectator Mode Beta: Based on feedback from beta players, ArenaNet has been able to fix bugs and further improve these new features. Now players can extend the time of their favorite custom arenas with added Custom Arena Time Tokens in the Gem Store.
- Introducing Infusions and Ascended Gear in WvW: ArenaNet has introduced the ability to purchase Ascended rings and amulets and to upgrade WvW abilities with six new Infusions that give players’ characters special WvW bonuses. Just speak to the new Laurel and Badge Merchants on each map.
- New Southsun Cove Rewards: Players can find their very own Mini Reef Rider – a loyal floating friend available only until June 11. Dedicated defenders of the Southsun settlers can also earn rare new limited-edition rewards from creatures and chests in Southsun Cove, and by playing Crab Toss.
- Exclusive Southsun Items: Players who help keep the peace during the Secret of Southsun can earn two exclusive new back items, the floral Fervid Censer and the writhing Sclerite Karka Shell.
Read more on the Guild Wars 2 site.