Grinding Gear has announced that the latest patch for Path of Exile has been deployed. In a detailed developer blog, the team revealed some of the improvements to the game, most notably eleven new maps and new artwork specific to gems.
End-game Map Changes:
- Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar, Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.
- Map progression now extends to area level 77.
- Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.
- The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.
- Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.
- Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.
Read the patch notes on the Path of Exile site.