As the final preparations are made for the release of the Guild Wars 2 February update, Colin Johanson hit the official forums to tell players that the much-anticipated WvW improvements would be delayed until March. Johanson cites the need for more polish, testing, and improvements as the reasons behind the delay.
Other major systems currently in the works, which will see updates in the future, include:
- Continual work to re-build the way our game loads models and compresses data, to allow for more visible characters/names in WvW in the long run as we build towards removing as much culling as possible from the game.
- Expanding on reasons to be winning in WvW beyond the total weekly score, providing stronger incentives for specific objectives and additional short term goals/rewards for winning minute-to-minute in the WvW maps.
- Providing additional ways for WvW players to earn various power-progression rewards available across the game currently in PvE for participating in WvW content.
- Exploring ways to help get more people playing WvW, as well as dealing with queue issues that come with those inherent issues of player population and demand.
- And of course additional polish and cleanup features to make the general experience in WuvWuv more fun and exciting.
Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 forum.