PlanetSide 2 Creative Director Matt Higby has written a new post on the official site that gives players a good look at what's incoming to the MMOFPS with the January 30th update. In addition, Higby announced that the team is refreshed and ready to "open up the afterburners and aim for the stars" in 2013.
- General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
- Experience (XP) system enhancements:
- Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
- Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
- Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
- Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
- Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks
- Server transfer token available in Depot
- UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison
- Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column
- New weapon type for all empires: SMG
There is a lot more to read, so head to the PlanetSide 2 forum for more.