World of Warcraft players who want to get a jump on trying out all the big changes coming with the v5.2 patch will want to head to the public test realm (PTR) to see it firsthand now that it's officially live. The patch brings The Isle of the Thunder King quest hub, a new raid and some pretty meaty changes to most of the game's classes.
New Raid: Throne of Thunder
- Emperor Lei Shen, the Thunder King, has returned to wreak his vengeance on Pandaria. It falls to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to stop the newly resurrected tyrant and his Zandalari allies in the massive new raid: Throne of Thunder.
- Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe.
- The Raid Finder version of the Throne of Thunder will be divided into 4 different wings.
- Join the Shado-Pan Assault in their singular drive to see Lei Shen, The Thunder King, defeated once and for all, and gain access to impressive Valor reward items. Reputation with this faction can be earned only within the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon.
- Please note: During the 5.2 PTR, this raid dungeon will only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion Forum for details.
Read the full v5.2 PTR Patch Notes on the World of Warcraft site.