The Xsyon team has announced that former players will be invited back into the game to check out all of the changes the team has implemented. The 10-day free time trial will kick off on May 18th.
Here are some of the improvements to Xsyon since the official launch:
- Expanded, flexible, part based construction system allowing players to build expansive buildings and towns.
- Completely new twitch based manual combat system with held directional swings and parries.
- Enhanced creature system. Many new and stronger creatures now inhabit Xsyon, breeding, ageing, growing in power and becoming mutants.
- Improved crafting system providing crafting tool and material bonuses.
- Redistributed rare and valuable resources.
- Forestry system with trees that grow spread and can be planted by player characters.
- Revised User Interface based on player input, including tabbed chat, a map panel, weather gauges and improved customization.
- Improved rendering with HDR lighting, detailed soft shadows and enhanced visual effects.
- Player made carts for transporting large amounts of goods and buildings as storage.
- Revised lock and permission system to control shared access of private and tribal goods.
- Vastly improved client and server stability.
Find out more on the Xsyon site.