The Closed Beta for Perfect World Entertainment's upcoming MMOG, Battle of the Immortals, has been pushed back to to mid-April. The beta, which was originally scheduled to go live today, was delayed as a result of the developers wanting more time to clean up and polish the game.
The Perfect World Entertainment blog goes into more details on the delay, including some of the things players can look forward to in the Closed Beta as a result of the extra time:
The following is a list of changes that are scheduled to occur prior to this new Closed Beta:
- Support for Windows 7
- Support for 64-bit systems
- Support for higher monitor resolutions
- Fully integrated in-game video tutorial system
- Revised cash shop structure and items
- Revised quest flow for low level players
- Revised monster AI
- Readjusted damage and HP for both players and monsters
- Revised dungeon loot tables
The fact of the matter is the developers simply weren't happy with where the game was at, and they required more time to polish and clean the game up before they are ready for testers to begin putting it through its paces.
It seems Perfect World Entertainment is pretty keen on the consequences of a poor first impression, offering some words of wisdom that are sure to ring true with MMOG vets out there:
"A late game is only late once. A bad game is a bad game forever."
View the original announcement here.