Ether Saga Online has gone live today. Coinciding with the games official launch is a large content update that among other things raises the level cap to 105, which also amounts to the player receiving an extra 13 class skills.
The full press release is available below:
PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL LAUNCH
OF FREE-TO-PLAY MMORPG “ETHER SAGA ONLINE”
Latest Game Play Update Boasts New Features and Difficulty Modes, Additional Monsters, Exciting New Quests, and More
July 1, 2009 – Redwood City, CA - Perfect World Entertainment Inc, a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd., today announced the official launch of Ether Saga Online. Following its successful beta program, the popular free-to-play MMORPG has now officially “gone live” with its latest game play update which includes all-new features and quests, enhancements, and more. Players can now create permanent characters and fully immerse themselves in the expansive Ether Saga Online game world by downloading the game at: http://eso.perfectworld.com/download.
Based on the Chinese literary classic, “Journey to the West,” Ether Saga Online combines a robust feature set with lavish graphics and a youthful anime style. The game’s intuitive game play systems and large variety of unique features create a truly one of a kind experience for gamers of all skill sets. Unlike other MMORPG games that charge subscription fees, Ether Saga Online allows players to immerse themselves in the expansive game world free of charge. Once inside, players can earn and spend in-game currency to upgrade their character and an assortment of items in real-time to enhance and personalize their game play experience.
The latest Ether Saga Online game play update includes additional features and enhancements such as:
- Increased Level Cap to 105 - Characters gain access to 13 new class skills from levels 91-105, effectively doubling the number of core player skills.
- Quest Line Enhancements – The main quest line from levels 1-45 has been streamlined to introduce players to the game mechanics and reduce the number of kill quests.
- New Raid Encounter – A new raid has been introduced. Designed for 6-24 players, The Obscurity is sure to challenge adventurers.
- New Difficulty Modes – Now features Easy and Hard modes for dungeons to encourage more casual gamers to compete in quests.
- Enhanced Gear Upgrading – Enhancements to the gear upgrading system provide players with new options to increase their chances for successful upgrades.
- New Monsters! – The addition of new elite monsters and the White Dragon world boss further adds to one of the most compelling aspects of Ether Saga Online’s game play.
- These new game play elements further bolster Ether Saga Online’s extensive feature set, which also includes:
- Integrated Quest/Navigation System – Players will not be confused about where to go or what monsters to kill. Quests will have “link” which allow players to click on them and automatically navigate to their quest objectives.
- Unique Races and Classes – Three different races as well as six different classes. Each class having its own unique play style and gameplay.
- In-Depth Pet System – Every player starts with their own pet. Players can tame and capture new pets as they adventure through the world.
- Element Leveling System – As players level up, they receive points that can be assigned to specific elements. Each element has its own characteristics and affects the core gameplay of each user.
- Unique Skill System – Each class has a set of unique skills. Skills are not learned from trainers but rather on the fly through a battlefield menu system.
- Birthday Skills – Each character receives special abilities and skills related to the day their character was born.
- Clan Skills – Players can create clans/guilds and have opportunities to learn new abilities and skills as a group.
- Fusion System – Players can actually fuse with their pets and gain access to new abilities and gameplay options.
- Monster Card System – Players can collect monster cards which allow them to transform into specific monsters. In monster form, players gain access to new abilities and skills.
- Crafting System – Players can choose from 9 different crafting and gathering skills.
- Reputation System – Monsters will have their own factions in-game. Players can gain reputation with these creatures and gain access to new content.
- Alliance System – Clans can group up into Alliances in order to combat difficult monsters or even other Alliances.
Fans of Ether Saga Online can visit the official website at: http://eso.perfectworld.com/ to view additional game play details, trailers, and screenshots.